Talk about your favorite holiday in Chile
1. When is it?
2. Why do you like it?
3. What do you do to celebrate?
4. What's the best (or worst one) you have had? What happened?
5. Compare this holiday with another holiday. Why is it better?
140 words minimum.
- Include a picture.
- Comment on at least 3 of your classmates’ blogs.
Sample
Well, my favorite holiday is December 25th. It's Christmas, of course, although here in Chile it's usually very hot and sunny because summer is just starting. No snow, no snowmen, but thousands of very warm-clothed Santa Clauses populate the streets of Santiago. It's crazy. I like it a lot because I have a big family and it's the only time we all get together. I get to see my cousins and their children. We usually have a good time around a barbecue. Some of the kids are swimming in the pool, while others run around playing soccer or other games. The adults talk a lot, catching up and drinking my great-aunt's famous pisco sour. In the evening, it's time for opening presents. They put them all in the middle of the garden and call out the names. I don't get a lot of presents nowadays, but that's OK. It's mainly for the children.
The best Christmas was when I was a kid. We sang a lot of Christmas carols and had a great time! I remember listening to Santa Claus' bells. I like Christmas better than the 18th of September, for instance, because it's more relaxed and I spend more time with family.

No comments:
Post a Comment